Welcome to the JavaScript Bootcamp (Fall 2022)! Let's introduce ourselves 🎉

Hey everybody!

Ramón here, I’ll be your instructor for this bootcamp. :wave: I’m so excited to be going on this journey with you!

Please familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct for this program. It’s expected that you abide by these rules.

Next, please take the time to get to know your bootcamp portal where, amongst other things, you’ll find the course materials as well as the stream schedule.

If you have any difficulties along the way, you can count with the help of your fellow peers and our beautiful team of mentors @KikiDotPy @kinjalvora @galbrush.

Finally, I’d love to get to know you all! Please drop a reply down below telling us a little about yourself, as well as what you’re hoping to take away from this bootcamp!

I’ll go first:

:wave: I’m Ramón, I’m from Chile, living in Austria. For the last ten years, I’ve been working as a software engineer and developer advocate. I love animals as well as playing music. From this bootcamp, I’m hoping to help folks get familiar and comfortable with JavaScript and learn some new things!

PS: If you’d like to customize your forum username and picture, here’s how.

121 Likes

Hi Ramón and other people that want to learn something new, just like me :slight_smile:
I’m from Poland, I tried a few times to learn how to code but maybe I did it all the wrong way and just give up, I hope that it will be my last try and I will understand everything and succeed this time.
Let’s work hard together and stay motivated.

PS: I will have to work during stream sessions (probably like a lot of us) but where i can look for help and more pieces of information if something goona be unclear or harder to understand working alone

25 Likes

Hi,
This is Mohammed. I am from Ethiopia, currently living in Canada. Right now, I work as a registered nurse in a hospital. My goal is to transition to become a software developer, as I love coding. Thanks for starting this bootcamp Ramon. I really appreciate it!

19 Likes

Hello emiB and everyone else!
I’m in the same boat…I’ve been trying to learn coding for a while and tend to give up.
I’m determined to finish this class! :slight_smile:
Thank you for facilitating this @hola_soy_milk

9 Likes

Hello, this is Cholpon from Houston. Looking forward to learn coding and wishing everyone good luck and productive learning. Thank you for this great opportunity

9 Likes

Hello everyone, looking forward to this bootcamp!

5 Likes

hey all , I am gebru from Ethiopia and currently computer science student in spain and I am interested to learn and work in software industry

6 Likes

Hi Ramón, very excited to be apart of this JS bootcamp, I am an Automation Tester in SA I am looking to upskill and improve my JS UI automation.

7 Likes

Hi everyone I’m Akia but you can call me Kia. I’m so excited to start this bootcamp. I have fallen in love with JavaScript after being so intimidated by it and I’m ready to jump in and learn something new. Can’t wait to learn and interact with everyone!

8 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Elliot and I am a data engineer working in London, UK. Looking forward to the course!

6 Likes

Hello! Nice to e-meet everyone, I’m Yanyun from New York. Super excited to join the course and learn more about JS!

8 Likes

Hi everyone, I am Christian Nnaemeka Nnadi. I have been learning Javascript for a year now. I am here to improve on my skills. Thanks!

9 Likes

Hello everyone, Here is Roland from Togo. Looking forward to this bootcamp

6 Likes

Hello everyone, I have been working so hard for companies to go outta business. I need a job I can depend on. I have been thinking about coding for. While. I knew about bootcamp. My problem is the money. Even though you can pay at the end, you have to be careful. My next move has to be my last and very smart. I’ve been using apps and free code camp to learn. But haven’t found anything like this. I am so excited and determined. I study 4 hours a night. This is what I want. I won’t stop , even if I have to take every free course their is. My goal is to be full stack. When I get a job I make it my business to know everyone’s job, so I can work my way to the top. Well with coding their is always something to learn, a way to sharpen your skills. Working with others to make great projects come to life. I feel their is no where to go but up in this field. Also I love helping people.

19 Likes

Hi there! It’s fantastic to meet everyone. My name’s Julianna. I’m British - American. I’m a Primary School Teacher. I’ve always been interested in coding and computers, and I’m finally pursuing it now that I’ve built up the confidence. I’ve done some self-studying that I hope will prepare me well for this bootcamp. Thanks for making this course, Ramón! I’m excited to start :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Hi all. My name is Joe, and I have been learning and working in web development since 1998. I am self taught and did attend some college back in 2000 but it was focused on design and not development, and i really feel like I am missing some of the higher level concepts surrounding JS, but I love helping others learn the basics.

9 Likes

Hello,
I’m Teara from DC.
Looking forward to learning more about Javascript!

5 Likes

Hi, everyone. I’m Rochelle from new mexico. I am just starting coding from scratch and really nervous. Happy to be here.

8 Likes

`My Name Is Salim`

I’m excited to learn JavaScript and I’ve been trying learn it along with html and css for at least 2 years but I got sidetracked but I’m done with High school and ready to learn. I’m from Lagos, Nigeria.
6 Likes

hey all i am gebru , computer science student and happy to join this to learn and work as software engineer

6 Likes