Welcome to the bootcamp + Introductions 🎉

Hi there, I’m Romulo, from Brazil. I’m making a career shift after 2 decades devoted to the language teaching field. I am investing in it a lot. I can’t wait to start this bootcamp. The course syllabus looks amazing! Also, I would love to make new friends here. See you all soon!

11 Likes

Hello everybody,
I’m Angel from Scotland. I am looking forward to refreshing my knowledge in web development with this course. I’ve never been part of a bootcamp myself, as such I’m very animated with the coming weeks.
With regards,
Angel

10 Likes

Cool @romulocraveir1845675 , good to see another teacher making the career switch!

7 Likes

I’m Alan from the great state of Illinois. Nice to meet everyone. Ready to buckel up and learn something.

9 Likes

Hello everyone! Its great hearing from you all.

My name is Merlyn Rivera from California. I am 25 years old, graduated from UCR with my bachelors in Civil Engineering. I am currently a full-time Civil Engineer Estimator for a Concrete company here in the Bay Area. I am here to try to grasp as much knowledge as I can regarding this exciting new field. My goal is to get hired as a Front End Developer as some point in my future.

I’ve been taking courses online (very briefly) and have various textbooks I’ve been studying left to right. I’m fairly new to this industry but thank you for dedicating your time to individuals like us, just trying to push for a better brighter future. I’m glad to be here and can’t wait to start!

Best Regards,
Merlyn Rivera

10 Likes

Hi everyone! Thank you @jesslynnrose for this opportunity - super grateful and excited to get going!

I’m Calli, Canada based right now and have some very basic knowledge of html. I’ve wanted to dig deep and build up my front end dev skills for months now but haven’t been disciplined enough to make good progress. Hoping that working alongside and together with folks who have the same goals and passions will be a good motivator!

Good luck to all :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Hi All,
I’m Dee, based in UK. It’s my first bootcamp… I keep trying online courses but somehow the motivation wanes or I get stuck and give up, so I’m hoping this course will help me through. I’m excited to be here!

8 Likes

Hey :slight_smile: Check out the Tuesday live stream event, might be a better timeslot for NY

6 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Allie, I am from the D.C. Metro area of the United States.

I do not have much (or any) knowledge with web development but I hope to learn more as it is a field I have been interested in for a bit.

It’s awesome to see how wide reaching this platform is and I look forward to learning with you all! :partying_face:

9 Likes

Hello, my name is Cassie from Ohio, USA. I have been studying Front End Web Development through LinkedIn Learning and through FreeCodeCamp. This is my first bootcamp, and I’m looking forward to the structure it will provide for studying and practice.

I have a fine arts background, as well as retail and grocery. I feel that coding is not that different than creating art. :slight_smile:

Thank you @jesslynnrose!

9 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Brandon from Guatemala, this is the first time that I participate in a bootcamp, I’m excited about learning some cool stuff, I have basic knowledge of programming (not specific to web programming), and I hope to learn more about the topic so I can start building beautiful projects.

8 Likes

Hi I’m Joel from Venezuela I’m 50 year old I am learn web developend since 2020 I like My English is no good thanks You.

6 Likes

Hello everyone it’s HAMED from egypt so I will not talk so much as other because it’s so boring have fun with this bootcamp and I hope success for all

8 Likes

Hello fellow learners! My name is Brenda. I have no knowledge about websites so bear with me. I would like to learn about this topicc that’s the reason I’m here. Also, it will help me out at work. All the best to all!

7 Likes

Hey Brandon! I was just in Guatemala last week. Spent a few days around Lake Atitlan :slight_smile:

Great to have you be part of the Bootcamp!

5 Likes

Hi, all! My name is Cross and I primarily use they/them pronouns! I’m a student from the Philippines. I’ve taken an HTML course before but it’s been years since I put any of what I learned to good use, so I’m pretty rusty. I’m super excited to relearn the ropes and to get started on CSS! ‘Flexbox’ and ‘Grid’ are entirely new terms to me as well so I’m looking forward to figuring all that out. Have a good day :)!

7 Likes

Hi there my name is uday. I am from Hamilton, new zeland.

4 Likes

Hi @jesslynnrose hi everyone, I’m. Akram from Algeria, I want to be a great Web désigner, I hope we can help each other and this course will be fun for everyone
Thanks

5 Likes

Bienvenido @angelluismato2596231

2 Likes

Hi Jess,

I’m Joe from Fort Worth, Texas. I am currently working on the challenges for the course the Bootcamp is going to follow. So, is it ok if I continue in the Bootcamp? or do you think it will be a waste of my time?

Thanks,

Joe

4 Likes