Welcome to the Webdev Bootcamp (Fall 2022)! Let's introduce ourselves 🥳

Hi Kai! (I love your handle btw, haha). What’s DevRel? I’m but a noob and I don’t get all the tech lingo yet, asking coz curious.

2 Likes

Aww DMV! I’m from DC

1 Like

My name is Maryam, I’m glad to be here.

3 Likes

Hi everybody. I’m looking forward to taking this course. I’ve dabbled a bit, but now time to get serious!

3 Likes

Hi y’all! I’m thrilled to see people from all over the world, it’s amazing to se y’all here. I’m Dominika, joining from Poland. I’ve been learning how to code since May but since I’m working full-time it is really difficult to consistently learn new things in my spare time. Cannot wait for the bootcamp! Having a cohort for sure will kep us all motivated :smiley:

5 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Allan, a backend engineer, am happy to be here and I want to learn more about css and html.

2 Likes

Hi! Looking forward to learning! I have been around dev my whole career as a project manager and would like to expand my skillset to be a better practitioner

2 Likes

Hi everyone, this is Adrian, 24 and biologist but intersted in web development and coding. Looking forward to do this

3 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m Tony from United Kingdom. I’ve done some web development but hope to pick up a few tricks and will happily answer some questions if I can help.

3 Likes

I can’t wait I’m excited!!! Does anyone knows the time?!

Hey guys, Rahul here! I am looking forward to being a part of this Bootcamp and reinforcing my webdev fundamentals. Btw it’s exciting to know the course kicks off on Sep 5, as it’s my birthday. I will be trying to update my learning progress through my Digital Garden.

Thank you @jesslynnrose for your warm welcome.

5 Likes

Hey, i’m khadija and i’m so happy to be here with all of you guys .

1 Like

My name is Cyndia and I’m from the US. I signed up for this bootcamp to to solidify my foundational skills in web development. Looking forward for class to start!

5 Likes

Yesss! I’m in VA! Nice to meet you!

2 Likes

Hi guys, I am Oluwakorede from Nigeria. I am glad to join y’all on this webdev bootcamp. Looking forward to meeting y’all and completing this course.
:raised_hands::handshake:

2 Likes

Hello Everyone! I am Arsh from North Carolina. I am so excited to be a part of this Webdev Bootcamp. I love to connect with you all and looking forward to learning new skills and becoming job ready soon!

Thank You

Arsh

3 Likes

Hey everyone!! I am Ramya (she/her). I did a few courses in HTML freecodecamp section for webdev fundamentals a couple of years ago. I am looking forward to this course to brush up and strengthen my webev basics, especially handling CSS and flexing.

I am sure this will strengthen my foundation in playing an active role in DevRel by empathizing and understanding developers better.

4 Likes

Hi Domi! Thank you :blush: I used to be thegrumpygirl but then my gender changed :laughing:
DevRel is notoriously hard to define but, luckily, Ramón (who runs the other Bootcamp, the JS one) recently gave a talk on the topic if you’re curious. He’s a great speaker, so it at the very least it’ll be enjoyable to watch. This article might also be a good start!

I think DevRel is a great field for folks who want to incorporate different skill sets into their work — coding, content, outreach, marketing, community management, public speaking, to name just a few. I’ve come to it fairly recently by realising that what I was already doing in the realm of content, branding and marketing all fit into the area of DevRel, and that I was just missing the coding skills. :blush:

3 Likes

Learning to code (or anything else, really) while working full-time is super hard. I think it’s awesome that you’re doing that. What is your “day job”?

1 Like

My name is Obinna from Nigeria. I am excited to start this bootcamp as I know there is a lot to gain from it.

1 Like