Welcome to the bootcamp + Introductions 🎉

Omg, will like to help you in anything you want I have more skills as a backend and I’m working currently as a SDET and want to improve my knowledge to work as a fullstack developer, I’m sending you this message because I was trying to learn how to automate the creation of VM to trow down some scam pages from my country if you wish to help me send message and we will also learn a lot :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey, everyone! I’m late, but I’m Fernanda and I’m from Brazil. I’m really excited to be with you guys and to learn as much as possible. It’s my pleasure to meet all of you!

7 Likes

Hey everyone, I just started today ( late) but I’m excited to refresh my HTML skills and actually earn a certificate and learn with everyone!!!

3 Likes

Hello, I’m Guido. I am from Argentina and I am excited to be part of this boot camp.

I have very little experience in web development and in programming in general.

I hope we can have a good time together!!

5 Likes

I was looking more for some written recap of what we have seen in the streams and in the course. But it is not a big deal: I found on the Net an interesting cheatsheet that cover the sintax of the html elements and can be used as a reinforcement of what we have seen.
For example, this on html5, from Stanford University: https://web.stanford.edu/group/csp/cs21/htmlcheatsheet.pdf
I am really happy to have started this course!

4 Likes

Hi @jesslynnrose nice meeting you and I am happy to learn a lot from you. Thanks for the free bootcamp

3 Likes

Hi Nicola, thanks so much for this cheatsheet, I’m sure it’ll be a great help!

Maybe we could start a thread with some additional materials people might find useful in reinforcing and expanding what we’re learning here? @jesslynnrose, do you think it’s a good idea? I wonder about it, because at least for me it starts to become overwhelming when I have too many sources to choose from available. On the other hand, FCC is mainly hands-on, which is great, but I constantly find myself googling sth, because I feel like I need to understand a concept in-depth to feel confident in applying it on my own. Although from what I’ve heard, constant googling is an inevitable daily practice even for the most experience developers, is that correct?

For HTML and CSS, I find free tutorials, lists and reference guides here very useful, so I go with it along with the FCC: W3Schools.

And @jesslynnrose, thanks for the encouragement! I’ve got some ideas for one of the projects already and believe me, this program helps people in more ways than just in learning the actual content. For me, e-learning keeps me focus during the hard stuff I’m going through, which is priceless. BTW it’s one of the reasons I’d love it to become even more accessible, and written recap as @nicolapegorar2597161 mentioned or a transcript would be a great step toward this goal.

It’s a lot of work, and I don’t know exactly what it entails, but maybe it could be done by using one of the video-to-text free software projects (or a 30-day trial of a paid one) and then manually reviewing it? I can’t promise anything definite (it’s been like 2 minutes since I’ve got this idea), but if you think it might be useful and would consider giving me (or others) permission to try it with one of your recordings, I’d be willing to experiment with it.

BTW2, do any of you know about an open source/free tool that would produce closed captions in real time during livestreams? I know YT gives you subtitles once a video is recorded, but if such a tool existed, it would made a live interaction more accessible to people with various issues.

3 Likes

Hi there!

Ellen here from South Africa! Very excited to be here!

3 Likes

Hi @jesslynnrose, I’m Mykel from Bangladesh. I’m willing to learn web development. Although i know a bit. But I’m want start with from stretch.
I joined today. Myabe i missed last week.
But happy to start from hare.

Thank you so much.

3 Likes

Hey, I’m Keith! I’m already a Software Developer on Desktop Applications with C# and Unity. I’m here as part of efforts to learn Web Technology so I can freelance, and build my own company at some point.

5 Likes

Hi, my name is Ayinla Rukayat Temitope from Oyo State, Nigeria.
I have started responsive web design on FCC but being here will help me be motivated and keep up with my studying on FCC.
It is so good to be part of this, thank you, @jesslynnrose and all other contributors, for this great opportunity.

6 Likes

Bienvenido Guidoooo​:grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks @ayinlarukayat2599134 for introducing me to this boot camp. All other protocol are well observed

Glad Tidings :palms_up_together:t2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray:

5 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m a week late in starting but looking forward to the course. I’m Antonio from the UK.

5 Likes

There’s a thread on resources already, if you’d like to check it out: Web Development Resources - #22 by angelcorona2607488

4 Likes

Hii everyone!

I am Büşra from Turkey. Currently, I am studying computer engineering. So, I know some basic parts of HTML and CSS but I am here to learn more deeply. Since I see some kind of international bootcamp which can give me the opportunity to study with people from all over the world, I wanted to join. I am super excited to study with you and gain more perspective.

I wish you all a good day. See you on live stream. :dizzy: :dizzy:

5 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m Esther from Malaysia. I’ve always been very intrigued by web development and have done some small courses here and there in the past, but I’m here to relearn the basics and also enhance my skills further! I look forward to participating in bootcamps free code camp have to offer and hopefully, meet some new friends! :smiley:

Best of luck,
Esther

7 Likes

Hello, my name is Adolfo Rodriguez and I am happy to take this boot camp with you all. I’m taking a boot camp at the moment also and I’m about to be finished with that. Taking this for more knowledge.

5 Likes

Hi @jesslynnrose! Great to have you here!

I am Praveen Tiwari from India. I am hoping to learn about web development. I have some basic knowledge about web development and want to enhance it further.

The course structure is amazing. Can’t wait for the livestreams to begin!

Warm wishes,
Praveen Tiwari

6 Likes

Thank you for joining us! You’re not late at all, we’ve only just gotten started. See if you can’t get started on the basic HTML section in this certification and I bet you’ll be caught up in no time!

3 Likes