Resources for learning JavaScript besides this great class

I share these complete courses that go from html to JavaScript.
The creators of these courses are Johns Hopkins University, Microsoft Virtual Academy and The University of Michigan

1 Like

I found this book page and it has a lot of JavaScript, I hope it helps:

https://www.pdfdrive.com/

1 Like

Cool! Here’s a link to a search of that site with the javascript keyword. Javascript Books - PDF Drive

2 Likes

hi guys I want to share with you some code ,I wish there is a special group to share our works
bubble sort algorithm animation to understand the topic:

4 Likes

33 FREE Courses and Books for Web Developers:

1 Like

You’re on the way to Tutorial hell for sure, please STOP learning JS in case you’ve already finished this bootcamp course from @hola_soy_milk

START building projects, that’s how you will learn programming

Refer to my below answer

3 Likes

This is a good point! However, there are problems with doing the same old projects that everyone else has on their portfolio as well.

If you browse something like r/webdev and search “portfolio” let me tell you what you’re going to see if you click 90% of those portfolios and look at projects. You’re going to see a calculator app, a weather app, tic tac toe, a movie finder app, “insert big website” clone, and so on.

Now, don’t get me wrong – these are useful projects for learning the skills they require. And people have spent time making them. The problem is that everyone builds the same stuff. You can often just follow along with a tutorial and create them without much thought.

There are two problems here.

The first is that you are not differentiating yourself. If I’m HR or the hiring manager why should I pick your calculator app over the other 30 in the inbox? Also, how can I trust that you built this thing yourself and that you didn’t just copy/paste code from a tutorial?

The second is that most people just put the project in, link to the GitHub repo, and maybe a live demo. This doesn’t tell the person who is potentially going to hire you a lot, and it doesn’t give them much reason to employ you over everyone else who has done the same.

Probably everything can help you! If you need more practice on JS exercises, there are some great resources listed here. If you want to be a React developer, you can start learning React. Or you can build a portfolio website and learn how to manipulate the DOM and create interactive features with JQuery. Or, as in my case, you can start applying JS to real-life work projects.

It all depends on what’s the best way for you personally to work toward your goals.

2 Likes
1 Like

This is my next step: https://www.coursera.org/specializations/web-applications

Everybody is all about React etc these days, but in my organization we work with a lot of open source apps and they all rely on a PHP stack. So it’s not a bad thing to learn!

3 Likes

I suggest picking up subject of your interest e.g. sports, music, travel etc and create your own project.

People can see your GH commits and understand how did you solve particular problem.

My personal experience is unless you start building projects; you’re not really learning anything and not gaining confidence to apply for job or do well in job.

2 Likes

Start today. edX - Hardvard University:

1 Like

I am doing this on my phone and it’s good practice

1 Like

Curso gratuito de Python en coursera:

1 Like