Ensemble Programming Opportunities

Ramon brought up Ensemble Programming in the first lesson Q&A, and I thought it would be useful to have a shared resource during the course for links to any of those that come up during the course.

I’m not a moderator, but this thread should be focused on links and resources for ensemble programming opportunities, but not advertisements.

Thanks, and let’s learn together!

6 Likes

I’ve been through all of these lessons and am working on the Intermediate Algorithm Scripting section. I signed up for this because some lessons are glossed over and not explained super well, I think having input from Ramon and others will help round out what is taught here.

Some resources I found helpful for this course:
W3 Schools - JavaScript Tutorial

• This site lets you pick out a topic like Javascript Loop For and it tells you how they work and gives examples as well as playgrounds for you to better see how it works.

Mozilla MDN - JavaScript | MDN

• This is a great technical resource for JavaScript
3 Likes

For those who are just testing the waters of programming, after finishing this Javascript course, I highly recommend looking into watching through the CS50 online program from Harvard. The Youtube videos are free to watch (aka audit). You won’t get a certificate or anything upon completion, but there is an absolute wealth of knowledge and programming fundamentals you can learn.

CS50 2020 - Lecture 0 - Scratch - YouTube – CS50 Harvard, Lesson 0.

3 Likes

Actually, you can get a free certificate if you finish all the problem sets and a final project!
I finished the course last year, and it was absolutely an amazing experience, I would highly recommend it. More details can be found here: CS50x 2022

4 Likes

We have an article about it :blush:

7 Likes

For coding away or separate from the FreeCodeCamp lessons, you can use https://CodePen.io. It is great for simple Javascript coding and testing.

2 Likes

That’s a good one too, and I feel silly for not thinking of it since I use it nearly every day lol. I use the paid subscription since it lets you store files there which gave convenient access to them when I was doing FreeCodeCamp’s Responsive Web Development curriculum.

Thank you for this, manoel!

1 Like

The course: Harvard University – CS50x – 2022 Introduction to Computer Science. This reformulated is simply sensational, the way of learning is for everyone.
I started this month, I recommend it with great satisfaction and I wish everyone to take this course.

Regards,
Jefferson.

1 Like