Study groups

Hi, I am Linda in Stuart FL, I have finished HTML basic and HTML 5 I had trouble with some of the later parts. But my question is are there any Study groups where we can meet up virtually and work on our studies and maybe some exercises together?

Please Stay Safe,
Linda

4 Likes

Hello Linda_Shrewsbury,

I would be interested in being a part of a study group as well. I just completed the first session myself and would definitely benefit from working with others. I’m still trying to learn and navigate through Class Central. I feel like I came upon this page by accident, lol! Let me know if there are others that would like to meet up.

Thanks,
Jairus

4 Likes

I definitely will let you know.

Linda S.

2 Likes

Linda, I would love to be part of a study group! Count with me :muscle:

2 Likes

Hi Linda,

It’s a good idea if you want it to be online like a chat group with a few people to discuss some parts of the course or help each other on the way. However, I think it depends on what time zone you’re in. I believe it would be better to have people in the same time zone, so there’s more chances they will be available online at the same time.

1 Like

hey, folks! I’m gonna meddle a little hehe the Time Zone thing can be a little complicated to work out, but you can each share your current time zone and see what works best, or you can subdivide in two or three groups and share your stuff with the whole group afterwards.

I’m in GMT -3h, I can’t come to the group very often, but I’ll try to be present whenever possible :wink:

1 Like

Hi, Linda and all

It would be great if we could study in groups. Time zone is an issue if we heavily depend on our mentor to help. However, I think we should have many people in adjacent time zone and can solve most of our problems before mentor step in.
I think we could set a telegram chat group, or as mentor said to set subgroups here or somewhere according to time zones.

BR
Chien

1 Like

This reply is for everyone, I was thinking more of an accountability study group. Where we meet via what means we can, and get our homework done ask each other questions or how do we find them.
This way we are getting our work do and helping each other with there’s and writing our questions down for when we meet on our live streams. This was not meant to be a be mentored group but that would be cool also. Just an informal accountability homework group.

Thank you I am cool with the anytime zone. I am in GMT-4 time zone so just let me know by Fri. and I’ll set up a zoom for our group and post the details here.

From what I’ve seen in other courses, this would be super helpful. Just having someone there, even if (yey!) you don’t have any questions. It’s also fun, as we learn more and more, to see the different solutions each fellow student has come up with, so we learn twice!

I’m sorry if I made any confusion b4, I didn’t write as a mentor, I was just saying I’d want to participate as well =] though sure, if I have anything to add, I’d be glad to :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, Linda. I’d be interested as well. I’m GMT -4.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
And thank you Linda for mentioning this. I’d love to join a study group both for the accountability, ability to talk about this stuff, and for general discussion. I’m in GMT-4 on Lake Huron in Canada.

1 Like

Hi! I’d be happy to collaborate too. Sometimes I need someone to push me a little, I think we can help each other to stay on a track. I’m also completed the HTML part and started CSS… so count me in too. BTW I’m in GMT -7, SoCal.

1 Like

Have y’all thought about using the Discord server that @evelinaduraite created for this bootcamp? I’m sure they’d accommodate some study-group channels etc.

Link: Free Webdev Bootcamp

Personally I’d consider this entire bootcamp a sort of study group. If you’re looking for something in real time Discord may just be the answer!

2 Likes

Discord would work great for me. Trying do video wouldn’t work for me.

2 Likes

Hello Linda,
I live in North Carolina which is EST, 5 hours behind you. If you and others would be available sometime on the weekend that would work out well for me. I can make the time work so that I can join.

Jowens2

1 Like

I was going to ask if we could combined this. That would be great.

1 Like

Update - Here is the discord link to join Free Webdev Bootcamp
there are two study groups, when someone wants to setup a time
we can post in the Discord the week before and meet in one of the
study rooms on the Discord.

Linda S

1 Like