My tribute page

Hey y’all, I just wanted to share my tribute page and its code and see what you all thought. Also any advice on improvements/changes is welcome. :slight_smile:

My tribute page

19 Likes

it looks great! wow, really, w the use of font families, margin and padding, colours, I really dig it, way to go!

3 Likes

Hello Starii,
I like your tribute page. It’s very nice.
I did it, too. tribute page

3 Likes

Your tribute page link doesn’t work for me. Not sure why or if others have this too.

Hello Star,

I love Katherine Johnson! Nice work on the tribute page. I like the font and the way you have visually separated each section using the boxes and shadows.

Hello Monica,
At the beginning , the pens were new for me and I removed one and then I got a new address for it. The below link is available now.
It was my fault ,sorry.

tribute page

3 Likes

Thanks for all of the inspiration everyone! I also wanted to share my tribute page and see if anyone has feedback: https://codepen.io/monicajasper/pen/MWoXVag

What a feeling to finally have completed a tiny, simple webpage from scratch. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Great work @monicajasper ! I especially like the simple color scheme, and the very subtle box shadow on the image paired with solid black border.

1 Like

Here is my tribute page. The page is not done but I have problems when running the test I keep getting 6/10 out of 10 but I added everything that is asked for I don’t know what am I missing or am I missing closing tags? Any help and feedback is appreciated.

2 Likes

Hello,Nora,
Html-Change : figure id="image-div " to id=“img-div” and so, also children can be recognised.
Css-Add to- img{max-width:100%;}
Have a nice day.
I ran the tests with the given above changes and 10/10 passed

Heyhey,
I really like all your tribute pages.
They pushed me to finally complete mine:

My tribute page

Greetings!

2 Likes

Thank you so much I get confused with the naming and declarations I will make sure to keep it consistent. I made the changes and it worked :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’m glad ,I could help.
Best wishes :hugs:

It takes time to learn coding and be somewhat comfortable with it. I have been practicing on and off for several years and I still struggle.

2 Likes

Love your page. Nice use of color and a 50% border radius!

Thank you I thought it would match her art and the page in general.

1 Like

Hi Monica and everyone out there I have a general question and maybe it was already answered but I couldn’t find a solution on google. So is there a general code I can add to all of my projects that will be mobile-friendly? I was finishing my survey form and when I try to look at the form on my phone I have to use my phone in landscape orientation in order to see the whole form.

I don’t know about general code, but the Responsive Web Design Principles section of the lessons really helped me figure this out.

1 Like

You will need to use Media Queries to scale your content to different devices.

1 Like

Hello Nora,
I’ll tell how I did the survey.I used flex grid for responsiveness and did it for portrait but if you want landscape orientation use the below formula:
@media screen and (min-device-width:320px) and (max-device-480px) and (orientation-landscape){
/* your style here*/
}
This is how I did it, it could be better, but I had a limited time to do it.

https://codepen.io/monicaszabo17/pen/GREOymQ
Hope it helps you.

1 Like