Motivation

Hi all,
I’m so behind still slogging away on web accessibility part of course. I’m juggling looking after my kids and elderly father and it being half term school holidays I’ve not done much at all. But mostly I’m really struggling to get motivated as I’ve lost the motivation. I live in the middle of nowhere with no contacts and no jobs so I feel like I won’t get any work later down the line it’s very frustrating. Also I take longer to learn. Thanks guys, so wish I could join the live sessions but impossible with my timetable :wink:

8 Likes

Hi Clara, wow, you have a lot on your plate, but the great thing is that the lessons are constantly available on freeCodeCamp. You can work through at your own pace and go back to previous lessons if you forget them.

An advantage of watching the recordings over joining the live sessions is that you may be able to increase the viewing speed and get through the recording in a bit less time (but don’t stress if this doesn’t work for you). Or you can re-watch parts if you’re having trouble understanding it the first time around.

As for living in the middle of nowhere, the internet allows us to connect with people all over the world. Maybe down the the track, you will land a job where you can work from home.

What I’m trying to say is: hang in there and work on the course when you can. With a family, there will be some weeks when you can’t seem to get anywhere, but then you might have a week or two when everything goes right and you can sail through more than you expected. And it’s such bliss when you complete it!

9 Likes

Hello Clara, i came to say what @pat said pretty well, so, I just will confirm that.

Now you can find many jobs that allow you to work from remote places at your home, so keep that in mind for motivation :wink: .

And I also want to share with you what has been working for me: don’t measure your pace of learning with others’ pace of learning, we’re all different and with different situations of living.

When you feel like you haven’t learned or done something; just look a little back and see the path that is behind, and congratulate yourself for that; for starting and continuing learning.

I send you a big hug.

1 Like

Thank you both
I am just trying to start the first project the tribute page

1 Like

I appreciate your kind words x

1 Like

All the best! Break it down into bits and do some whenever you can :smiley: