Let’s learn HTML by building a cat photo app! [Week1]

Thanks for offering to help. Right after I posted I worked out what I was doing wrong! So I’ve managed to fix it now.

2 Likes

Quick question, what would be the best way to help someone if they are stuck on an exercise? For example, let’s pretend I am stuck on exercise 5, would it be better to tell people the answer, or point them where the error might be?

For example, “Hey, friend, I would advise you to take a closer look at line 3, middle part, I think it is missing something” or “insert correct line of code”.

Also, I know it probably varies a lot, but how do more experienced/senior devs help entry-level/junior level devs in the real world?

Edit: formatting.

1 Like

That depends on how much time the dev has to adopt an educational approach. If he’s short on time, he might just give you the answer. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Now, as far as this bootcamp goes, I’d say it’s good to use our own judgement. Usually it’s better to point learners in the right direction but let them take the final step. Other times, giving the actual answer is actually what’s needed for a concept to suddenly click. That said, I’d typically go with option 1.

3 Likes

Got it, thanks for the reply!

1 Like

I see 67 courses completed in the Responsive Web Design app for Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App#. Is there any other thing to do to mark this assignment complete?

1 Like

Hi everybody, I am sorry for being so annoying, but i have this question and is very urgent: Today we will have to do 159 lessons (the second and first item)?

I’m done for the day!

5 Likes

I’m stuck at step 55! I feel like I’ve tried every possible way! Can somebody help me please :relaxed:

did you solved it? if you still have doubt you can refer this mdn for label

or you can replay me I can help you.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! That’s been a huge help! Finally Gott passed it :smile:

2 Likes

hi everyone, I am doing the learn HTML by building a cat photo app. Ima struck on step 12. I try following the hint, but I am still stuck. Can anyone help me? [my work] (https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/learn-html-by-building-a-cat-photo-app/step-12)

1 Like

Make sure you have a space between the input and label elements. I got stuck on that one as well for that very reason.

2 Likes

I have tried that too and it still did work. thank you though

1 Like

please I don’t quite understand the short notes on the step 48…I’ve completed it though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Stuck in step 14. I need help please

Without a Value attribute, the result from our radio buttons will just be a generic “on” rather than a named result. So we add the attribute Value so that we get something meaningful when someone uses our form. We set value=“indoor” for one button and value=“outdoor” for the other button. So now if someone chooses one we get a result telling us “indoor” or “outdoor”.

I hope that helps a bit?

1 Like

Step 14 is asking you to surround your img tag with the a /a tags in order to make the image into a link. You’ll see this combo a lot. So you will get something like a href=“http:whatever” then img src=“http:/picture.whatever.” then /a

It’s a good step for showing how the open tag before, and the closing tag after can wrap around an element and effect it. Bookending the image to turn it into a link in this case.

2 Likes

Hi Aileen,

you just have to add the action attribute and give the value as the URL provided. Something like this inside the form tag…
action=“Thank You message for Cat Photo App form submission| freeCodeCamp.org

Hopefully this will help

1 Like

Yes it does, thanks a lot Shawn

I’m late to the party, but I’m stuck on step 14 (no coding background whatsoever). No matter how many ways I try, I still get anchor errors. I am at a complete loss, despite the responses above. Thanks for any help/guidance.

I’ve tried the suggested modifications, but I end up with errors every single time…either I don’t have enough anchor elements, or I have too many! Ugh!

Again, for perspective: I have zero coding experience; this is completely day #1. I can’t even find lectures/presentations on this. I’m floundering here. :frowning: