Let’s learn HTML by building a cat photo app! [Week1]

Hello everyone!

In this inaugural stream, we’re going to start learning HTML, the markup language that underpins the Web, through a hands-on approach by building a cat photo app.

Here’s where you can watch the stream:

And here’s the project we’re going to tackle:

We’ll end the stream with a Q&A, so bring your questions. :slight_smile:

See you there!

5 Likes

It was awesome.:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

3 Likes

Thanks for tonight’s lesson!

2 Likes

This lessons was awesome. Question : Should we post screenshots of completed assignments in the forum?

2 Likes

great beginning to bootcamp,

thanks for the awesome lesson

2 Likes

I have completed the cat photo project but it isn’t showing done on the course page

2 Likes

I got in late due to the time difference but loved it from the moment I got in

I however want to know if class central can keep track of our progress on FreeCodeCamp or we just have to be honest with ourselves and do the work

As with programming, not setting aside time for coding means no learning

2 Likes

Just finish it. I’m not new to the game, but I found out that it was quite mentally demanding to finish it coz there were so many knowledge needed to be taken along the way.

2 Likes

We won’t check up on you, y’all are adults and we trust you to do the work.

But you’ll need to finish all the fCC lessons to get your certification!

2 Likes

Are the lessons you’ve completed showing up as done in fCC?

1 Like

No need to! freeCodeCamp will keep track of what you’ve completed magically*

*using JavaScript, but that’s pretty much magic

1 Like

Hi friends,
I’m stuck on Step 35 (the action attribute) and have no idea how to work out how to fix it, even with the hint. Is there anywhere with the ‘answers’ that I could look to see what I’m doing wrong?
Thanks!

1 Like

can u send any screen shot so i can help you

1 Like

Thanks for offering to help. Right after I posted I worked out what I was doing wrong! So I’ve managed to fix it now.

2 Likes

Quick question, what would be the best way to help someone if they are stuck on an exercise? For example, let’s pretend I am stuck on exercise 5, would it be better to tell people the answer, or point them where the error might be?

For example, “Hey, friend, I would advise you to take a closer look at line 3, middle part, I think it is missing something” or “insert correct line of code”.

Also, I know it probably varies a lot, but how do more experienced/senior devs help entry-level/junior level devs in the real world?

Edit: formatting.

1 Like

That depends on how much time the dev has to adopt an educational approach. If he’s short on time, he might just give you the answer. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Now, as far as this bootcamp goes, I’d say it’s good to use our own judgement. Usually it’s better to point learners in the right direction but let them take the final step. Other times, giving the actual answer is actually what’s needed for a concept to suddenly click. That said, I’d typically go with option 1.

3 Likes

Got it, thanks for the reply!

1 Like

I see 67 courses completed in the Responsive Web Design app for Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App#. Is there any other thing to do to mark this assignment complete?

1 Like

Hi everybody, I am sorry for being so annoying, but i have this question and is very urgent: Today we will have to do 159 lessons (the second and first item)?

I’m done for the day!

5 Likes