"Hasta la vista, baby" Bye for now... KEEP IN TOUCH!

Hello everyone!!

You can keep in touch with me here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carlos-torres-spain/ I don’t use to speak by the sake of it, so believe me when I say: I would be happy to know how are you doing in real life.

I know that I don’t have a picture right now. I’m not particularly attractive, so you weren’t missing much either. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Actually, I never have posted a photo of me online till last year, but I will do soon. I am pestering my friends right now asking wich picture I can choose for LinkedIn, they are loving it this :smirk:. Well, I think there is one picture of me in Facebook when I did a Cupcakes course!! :sweat_smile: :rofl: The girl who tought the course did it.

Congrats for the good work and keep learning!! Don’t give up, be grit with your ultimate goal. There are many stones in the road but remember that you always can keep walking. :muscle: If you need inspiration or encouragement you can always turn to the TED talks page.

I want to apologize to the teachers for being a noisy student. :sweat_smile: I was just trying to involve others in the classes and ask questions that could help everyone. My sense of humor probably doesn’t mesh well with the chats, but I hope I helped rather than annoyed. I love helping others (I think it’s part of the way I learn) and sharing what I know or what I came up with when I was learning something, I think helps others too. Well, I’m not sure, I hope so.

I want to share one last thought with all of you: there is only one way to meet and listen to someone, read a book or see something… by suspending disbelief, being naif. This means that you have to approach it without prejudices or the table of values of your culture or time, and believe what they are telling you (using your empathy), there will be time to analyze it. In short, as a child would do it. I hope you never lose the child in you, it has never been as important as it is now. And related to that, two recomendations:

1. a talk, sooo important in this times: 10 ways to have a better conversation by Celeste Headlee

2. and a novel: Things Fall Apart (1958) by the nigerian poet, writer and critic Chinua Achebe. One of my favourites for sure, writed in plain english but really deep in their thoughts. Very easy to read, yet one of the most important novels of tweinth century.

This is my last JavaScript Bootcamp, it was great as always but the show must go on. :smile: Thank you Ramón (@hola_soy_milk ) and all the lovely people from Class Central :gift_heart:. And many thanks to all my classmates, a fantastic study group, it’s always a pleasure to be surrounded by people smarter than I :sunglasses: :nerd_face: :heart:.

Happy coding and life!

10 Likes

Thank you Carlos,

I’m sure we will keep in touch. It is nice studying with you. Congratulations to you too!

Thank you for sharing: Don’t give up, be grit with your ultimate goal. Things Fall Apart was one of my favourites books, full of deep thoughts.

Happy Coding and Life!

2 Likes

Thank you very much Rotimi, very kind of you. The pleasure was mine.

I glad you liked those recomendations. I truly believe that Things Fall Apart should be read for everyone in highschool, have much more to offer than The Catcher in the Rye for example. It is an awesome novel!.

See you around, best of lucks Rotimi!!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.