Errors in my survey page

Hello peeps
I’m so close to finishing my survey page, still trying to get my head around id, class etc. I have to keep going back over things and take a long time to learn. I’m still getting two errors to correct before I pass, can anyone help please? It’s not finished yet I’ve still got to design it more.

ID’s and Classes do the same thing. They target the tag they are applied to.
The difference between them is an ID can only be used once on a page, while a class can be used multiple times on a page.
I don’t know why FreeCodeCamp uses all those ID’s in their challenges.
Classes are much more common.
ID’s for the most part are only used by Javascript.
I don’t use ID’s except for Javascript.

3 Likes

You need to add IDs to the Label tags : id=“name-label” … etc.
For your Radio Buttons, they all need the same Name attribute, so they are considered a group.

1 Like

Thank you again always appreciate your help :grinning:
It just takes me a longer time to learn
Going through these I do feel that we haven’t covered all of what’s needed in the freecode camp but maybe that’s just me?

I have been doing this off and on for several years and I get stuck on some things. Use Google to search, everyone does it. Even the pros.
You just have to keep practicing.
Scrimba.com has a free HTML and CSS course by Kevin Powell. Try that. He’s very good.

2 Likes

Here are a couple of articles to read about learning to code.
Why learning to code is so hard
Learning to code when it gets dark

There is a bootcamp call the Odin Project that is totally free. You don’t even have to signup to use it.
The Odin Project

2 Likes

Well I definitely did not have the The Hand Holding Honeymoon but definitely teetering on the edge of the Cliff of Confusion :laughing:
And I thought teaching was hard

I have seen other articles using the same analogies. When doing tutorials everything seem to be good. When you start doing your own projects it is natural to struggle, but you need to do them. The more you do on your own the more it starts to make sense, but it takes time.
There is a phrase for just wanting to do more and more tutorials: Tutorial Hell.
Everyone gets trapped in it when they first start out.

2 Likes

I hope that I am not confusing you further Clara, but here is my input.

1. Use type=“radio” when only 1 item from the group should be selected. (Ideal for YES / NO answers or ratings, ie. 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5).
  2. Use type=“checkbox” when multiple items from the group can be selected. (eg. Tick all the flavours you like).
  3. Each group must have a unique name=“ABC” tag. BUT the same name tag must be used for all the items in a group. eg:
<label>
<input type="radio" name="Cream?" value="cream">Cream
</label>

<label>
<input type="radio" name="Cream?" value="without_cream">Without Cream
</label>
1 Like

Thank you
I’ve finished it now but could be better design wise
Although it’s passed can’t get my head around putting in an image as a background?
Also does a real person look at these out of curiosity?

The best way to get better at design is to look at how other website are designing their components. If you find something you like, try to copy it. That is a great way to learn how to design better web pages.

2 Likes