Addidional HTML Exercises . .

Hello,
I’m curious could anyone could recommend additional HTML exercises and/or little projects ? I’ve finished the Basic HTML and went over it again. I’m starting to get the syntax (id / attribute, and so forth), but I know within a week or so I’ll forget how to add a radio button, for example. I’d really like to solidify what I’ve learned and not move ahead of scheulde, but do more within the 2 weeks around the current concepts.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated !!
Thanks !!

5 Likes

I am interested in this too.

Someone posted this site on another thread. I haven’t worked with it personally quite yet, but it looks useful.
Frontend Mentor

7 Likes

To get more HTML practice in, I’m starting the skeleton code for some of the projects. I’m finding the Tribute Page project is a really start for practicing the basics, and I imagine the Survey Form project would use radiobuttons. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve seen many ppl suggest to try and recreate (simple) sites that you like. And then try and tweak something in them. Like, maybe recreate the Google homepage and add a “search in language” button or “search only in my default language”, stuff like that.

I particularly like to think of stuff I might be interested in developing in the future. Right now I’m working on a might-become-game to study German. the HTML has 2 lines, but it was much more fun coding those lines, thinking about what I’d want the page to have, how possible new features might be added down the line, so on and so forth, than it was doing the ninja cat – I’m a dog person! haha but you get the idea :wink:

aaand if you wanna start working on you personal portfolio, I found that (despite all I couldnt do) there is some pride to be taken in the fact you did yourself =]

6 Likes

Hi @deborahsalves …, to be very presice…

• I have also completed basicHTML part but for remembering it better…, I had made few small notes for quick revision…, I know making these notes is frustrating but once you make it…, it will be so easy to go through the concepts in future months.

• making mini projects is also a good way to remember basic concepts for long term…, but I would prefer doing basicCSS part first and then start building projects…,bz you can find many projects based solely on plain HTML and CSS.

1 Like

Don’t get hung up trying to learn syntax. Unless you are creating buttons every day of your life you will not be able to memorize these trival bits of HTML. When I need to bring back code I Google it. It takes two seconds and you have it.
I create snippets of code that I know I’ll need in the future and keep it in a text file on my SSD so I don’t have to go looking for it as much.
Just concentrate on the concepts of what you are learning and you’ll be way ahead of the game. This is thirty years of web site development talking.

11 Likes

Could you also save it in notepad?

as long as you name the file extension .html, it should =]

1 Like

I do the same thing. I have pieces of code for responsive navs, forms and other things.
I do the same thing with designs in Figma.

3 Likes

I use Notion, but you should use what you are comfortable with. Notion has great searching capabilities!

2 Likes

Yes you can. Wher it is easily available for copy paste.

2 Likes

I’ve created some flashcards in Anki to practice with.

https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/500259121

They’re specific to what we’ve learned, so you should be able to answer them all just from what we learned in the course. They’re a work in progress too, so share please improvement ideas. Hope they help!

Also, for more practice check out:

1. W3 schools html lessons.
  2. Mozilla html tutorials.
2 Likes

This is very true!

However, it’s also what Zach pointed out in the video on learning is the difference between a great coder and a mediocre coder. You can always look it up, but if you’re always looking up words to speak French, do you really speak French? (His example.)

The important thing is, know what your goals are and study to achieve those goals. If you want to be really good, you’ve got to try to memorize as much as possible.

Frontend Mentor is great. It has a lot of free stuff and you can sort the difficulty level and check which languages it uses. I’ve only done a few, or maybe only a couple, but I love how the design is already set. I tend to spend so much time on that that I don’t get enough practice on the nitty-gritty.

1 Like

Hi

I am not sure how to view the deck. I made an account on ankiweb. I downloaded the desk but now i am stuck. Where or how do I review them?

I just started copying and pasting the code from every exercise and massaged it, and edited it in ways to make it work, and make it mine. Just for fun and to practice. Many times I broke it, then had to spend time fixing it, which helped in understanding how things work together.

breaking the code is the best! haha when I started learning I kept reading that ‘errors are good’, at first I didnt believe it, but now I’m like: ‘gimme an error so I can fix it and be done w it!’ haha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I made some notes too, in handwriting, so I think that helps me to remember better :slight_smile:

2 Likes