A thread for mentors

Hi all, I know some of you have signed up because you wanted to mentor learners here in the forum. I’m so excited to welcome you all. We ask that mentors (like all participants) adhere to the code of conduct, support learners in a positive way and aim to direct learners towards understanding instead of just giving them the answers.

To get a mentor badge for the forum, please reply here confirming that you’ve read and agree to the code of conduct and guidelines above and we’ll make it happen!

If you are mentoring in this cohort, we encourage you to list this as professional/volunteer experience. If you ever need someone to confirm that you were a mentor or to endorse you for mentorship on a professional platform, just message me.

8 Likes

I read and agree to the guidelines.
I’m no expert, but am happy to help out.

9 Likes

I agree 100% with your code of conduct and I’m very interested in mentoring my fellow learners anyway I can :heart:

9 Likes

Tada! You are now marked as a mentor

4 Likes

You’ve already been helping out so much and just a joy!

5 Likes

I have read and I agree to the code of conduct. I wish to help as many as possible, though because of my personality, I mostly stay quiet, so don’t expect much from me.

4 Likes

I’ve read and agree to the CoC and guidelines, and I’m excited to be here!

5 Likes

I have read and I agree to the code of conduct.
I have some experience with HTML and CSS, a little with JS and a tiny bit with php. I mostly monitor the forums via email notifications, please let me know if there’s a better/faster way of being helpful to fellow learners =]

6 Likes

There’s no fixed commitment for mentoring, just chat to folks and answer questions when you’re around and when you feel like it. It’s all super low pressure!

2 Likes

We’re so excited to have you here, please enjoy your shiny new mentor badge!

2 Likes

That’s how I keep up with the forum notifications as well, so I think you’ve landed on the best way! Thanks so much for helping out <3

2 Likes

I check in a few times of day. Nice to see all the people wanting to help out.
Doesn’t surprise me at all.

3 Likes

Hi Jess! I’ve read and agreed to the code of conduct and guidelines. Looking forward to helping in any way I can!

3 Likes

Tada! Glittering (well, not literally) mentor status is yours! Thanks so much for making time to help out

3 Likes