If you close the browser (while logged in) to the FCC Coding Sandbox, will it save your progress?

Sorry if this has already been covered. I like to close tabs when I am done using them for a while, and am just wondering if, by doing this, I will lose any progress I’ve made in the sandbox. Thanks!

1 Like

If you press Ctrl+S it should save your current changes to LocalStorage.

4 Likes

Matthew makes a great point here. Most modern broswers should save your progress, but you can press Control + S at the same time to be extra confident before closing your tabs!

2 Likes

Hello
Having the same problem please
I assume by sandbox thats the exercise boxes we work through on free code camp
I have just gone back to mine and it hasn’t saved my progress either, strange. So if I get into the habit of Ctrl+S on the computer it should save it?

It should, but we’ve also noticed that there can be issues if you’re using an incognito or private browser.

Folks having issues, can you let us know what browsers you’re using to access freeCodeCamp so we can try to better troubleshoot with you?

2 Likes

I am having an issue as well but for me it seems that it just keeps going back to an old lesson I already completed. I was able to get back to where I was by using History in my browser. I am on Android using Chrome v. 71.

1 Like