Evaluation of course projects

I assume all FCC course projects are evaluated automatically with no human in the loop?

If the tests pass, can I expect that I’ll get the cert, having passed all other tests as well? And not doing anything bad like using someone else’s code etc. Like are they evaluating any other aspects apart from what’s listed in the tests?

Right now I’m trying to work through all projects quickly to claim the cert, not focusing too much on making everything super pretty (have to balance the time I put into this vs work).
…As in I want them to look slightly nicer than an old potato and not make people run away in horror. But they’re not exactly beautiful :smiley:

6 Likes

It looks like it does it automatically through the tests. I have 4 of the 5 done and they were accepted as soon as they passed all the tests.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve also submitted 4 out of 5 but I assumed there may be an extra validation step when I click “claim certificate” and all is done. But sure, that might be it!

1 Like

There may be, but I haven’t gotten that far yet.
I will be interested to know when you find out.

1 Like

No other checks apparently, got my certification, yeah :smiley:

Man, I learned a lot during these past two weeks, filled in a lot of gaps in my knowledge. It’s almost funny that I got this far in web dev without properly learning CSS. And don’t think I’m the only web dev who never really got around to learning CSS, I’ve heard similar from others. I’m so thankful for Free Code Camp providing this and for classcentral.com for doing this Bootcamp :rocket:

10 Likes

Oh wow, you’re way ahead of the rest of us. This is so exciting!

My understanding is that these are looked at in an automated way, but you don’t have to be limited by doing just enough to get the certificate! Spending some time to make these beautiful seems like a great way to spend some of the extra time you’ve won by going through the rest of the material so fast?

4 Likes

I went through the course awhile ago and did everything but the portfolio.
I am going through it again and will do the projects over again.

3 Likes

That is amazing - congratulations on already finishing. I am working ahead of schedule myself while reading beginner’s guide to step-by-step coding course. I just created a framework and visualize outline for the cert projects - am going to buckle down over the next 1-2 weeks. It’s really cool to see others working ahead and having the diversity in approach to some of the different projects I’m sure have been interesting!

4 Likes

I mean I sort of should be a bit ahead given that I’ve worked with web a while but I did have to put in an effort for sure. Now it’s just a lot more practice

Yeah good idea to now go back and make the pages nice looking. I just realized the projects are linked to from the cert page and I’ve added it to LinkedIn so I better get to it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Hello David,
Did You passed the tribute page? I’m asking You because I’m almost finish it but I don’t know what to do with the header-it has svg freecodecamp logo and the other elements. Should I copy it for passing the test or can I design it as I wish. I’ve asked Jess , too and I’m waiting any help.
Many thanks.

Do you mean the black header here https://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/full/zNqgVx ?
In that case no that’s not part of the project, just comes with the codepen.io

2 Likes

Thanks again, I did it.

2 Likes

:rofl: same here, i even worked as a fullstack in that company we were using some templates so the css was never touched and im here taking this bootcamp to finally learn all together

4 Likes