ES6 Day 1: Homework

Hey JavaScripters!

You did great, today! It was a joy seeing all the questions and suggestions in the chat :purple_heart: that’s indeed cooperation! Also, since today will be a chill day with only one exercise as homework, maybe take some time to catch-up, answer or ask question in the community or review some concepts! It’s the best way to let new topics sinking in

:loudspeaker: Quick reminder about homework for the next session!
Tomorrow we’ll start with the exercise Create Strings using Template Literals in the ES6 section, so your homework is to do only one exercise!

Remember folks, you’re not alone.
Don’t hesitate to seek help in the js-help channel on Discord or on the forum!

Be sure to collaborate, stay hydrated and get plenty of rest!!!

We’re all in this together!
Happy Coding!
#PatPat🤚

Hey all,
I’m super new to coding and a lot of this stuff is taking me a looong time to understand. I’ve fallen behind on the curriculum and have found myself just copying code because I don’t understand it and want to catch up. I’m definitely putting in the time each day and am still determined to understand it and persevere. If I fall waaaay behind will I still be able to complete this ?

2 Likes

Hey Sam,

This curriculum is doable just on your own too, by just following FCC. And for the bootcamp - all sessions are recorded so you can do them and repeat them as often as needed for you to understand the project. The forums and discord will also still be there for you to browse and use. Once the bootcamp itself is over, these may go a bit more quiet, but they will still be there. Also FCC itself has forums. In short: do not give up, take the time you need to understand a subject and just go at your own pace! You are doing great! It is quite hard to learn a first programming language, but it will come, just keep at it.

4 Likes

Can’t put it any better than @syllie did. Thank you!

2 Likes

Okay cool, so Ramón’s tutelage on YouTube will still be available after the bootcamp is over?
I think I need to go back and review some of the curriculum to get a better foundation.

2 Likes

ES6 Day1: Homework: Completed.

1 Like

Your responses are so encouraging and thanks for empathizing with all those who need encouragement .

2 Likes

Done! :blush:

3 Likes

homework done

2 Likes

Hey! We’ve all gone through this, it is totally normal. Researching for ways to solve problems is part of the learning process. Take as much time as you need. This will all come easier with practice.

4 Likes

Yes! all materials will be around, the videos, discord, these forums. And they will be as active as we will be. So just take the time you need to get your foundation right! You got this!

4 Likes

i just finished this class. i hope i’m not falling too much behind, I’m always watching the classes after it is recorded since I live in Brazil. I’m sorry if I’m not interacting so much in here. just wanted to say thank you for your support, ramón and syllie.

3 Likes

Samuely, please understand that there is no set timetable, except for when we do the live streams.

Any questions, remember we’re a big group! And we’re here to help

And may I say, WELL DONE!

3 Likes

What Ramón said! Go at your own pace! Everything will be here!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.