A note about Live Streams and Recordings

Since there is some confusion about live streams, I thought I would clarify here.

First of all the recordings of the streams will be posted in the forums and in the Bootcamp Portal.

Each week, @jesslynnrose will be hosting two live streams covering the material described in the schedule.

The streams will be similar, but one of them will be more convenient for those located in the Eastern parts of the world and the other in the Western parts. These are optional to attend.

They will be held at the same day and time each week. Here is when the Week 1 streams will be held (Discourse should convert them into your local timezone):

• Week 1 Eastern Stream: 2021-08-23T08:00:00Z → 2021-08-23T10:00:00Z
  • Week 1 Western Stream: 2021-08-24T14:00:00Z → 2021-08-24T16:00:00Z

You can watch the live stream on Twitch or YouTube. Here are the links:

Then, each week we will have an optional guest speaker, ideally speaking on Wednesday. But this will depend on the speakers timezone and availability.

This week we are joined by Barbara Oakley, creator of Learning How to Learn (one of the most popular and highest-rated MOOCs of all time!), and by senior software engineer Zach Caceres.

They will be speaking on: 2021-08-25T16:00:00Z → 2021-08-25T18:00:00Z.

Some of you who ever enrolled before, should have received an email about this.

All the Live Streams (past and upcoming) including can be found on the portal’s event page. Soon we will add to Add to Calendar links so you can avoid timezone confusion by adding it to your calendar.

You will also receive an email a few hours before the stream starts.

Hopefully this clarifies. You are the first learners to use Class Central’s Bootcamp portal, so please bear with us. We started building it less than a month ago and through out this bootcamp you will see us making improvements and adding more features.

Let me know if you have questions or any feedback.

19 Likes

"This week we are joined by Barbara Oakley, creator of [Learning How to Learn]

They will be speaking on: August 11, 2021 9:30 PM → August 11, 2021 11:30 PM ."

Aug 11??? It is 23rd Aug today!

I meant August 25th :man_facepalming:

Fixed it now.

what’s the time for INDIA? please soon
there r alot of Q ,how to join ,where to submit the assignment if is there any,& so on
after complete ,can I get certificate ?
for certificate what I have to do?

For your first question: If you look at the “Events” tab (Class Central Login) in the portal you can see the time for the live streams adjusted for your respective time zone there. In your case, the time for the Monday streams will be 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM and the Tuesday streams will be 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM.

The tasks for the certificate and where you can ultimately claim it are found here: https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/

(All this is also mentioned on the class landing page)

4 Likes

Hi Dhawal, sorry if this is not the right place to ask this questions, but when it comes to the schedule, is there any indication which sections of the basic HTML are only to be covered this week? I see that we will be doing it over the next two weeks :slight_smile:

Hey Nicolette,

After each freeCodeCamp challenge, you’ll see your completion percentage for the lesson. Since Jess is covering Basic HTML in two weeks, then you could aim for 50% on week 1, and 100% on week 2.

That said, rather than treating these as hard limits, feel free to work ahead. As Jess mentioned during today’s live stream, her goal is to help you make your way through the course, but she won’t be necessarily go over all the challenges on stream. It’s much more beneficial for learners to push against some of the challenges independently. :wink:

5 Likes

Thank you Manoel! I wasn’t sure if there was some other way I should be tracking how far I should go this week :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s all about what works best for you as a learner. We’re not going to bully you to be done at any sort of set time. Everything is mellow and chill.

5 Likes

I missed Week 3’s live sessions, and Miguel Useche’s talk - but I can’t find the recordings of them? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Hi @carolraavel575223 if you go to the Events page and scroll down, you can find links to all the previous live session recordings.

1 Like

Thank you now found it and listening now!