Logic of "Iterate Through All an Array's Items Using For Loops"

It took me a minute to understand the logic Ramón used for solving this one. I spent several minutes trying to use splice() to remove the specific array, and it just didn’t work. As usual with me, I am overcomplicating the solution.

When Ramón used the indexOf() method, I had to run it through my head piece by piece, very slowly, before it clicked. And when it did it was so obvious. But I don’t know if I could have figured that out on my own. I blame lack of sleep and lack of caffeine. :slight_smile:

Anyway, if anybody else is having trouble understanding it, let me know and I’ll help you.

Hey Jacob,

Thank you so much for sharing this.

As you saw during the stream, I stumbled a little over it too! I got thrown off :slight_smile:

It totally happens! These exercises take patience, too.

You’re doing amazing!

1 Like

Thanks! So are you!

I’m working on getting over the idea that I need to be perfect all on my own in order to succeed. I really don’t. Most devs I’ve spoken to and met are more than happy to share what they know. We’re all silly meat-brains trying to figure out how to trick a computer into doing what we want. We’re all in this together.

2 Likes

You’re very kind.

Ha! I couldn’t have put that any better than that.

And that’s exactly it. Grasping these concepts and getting comfortable with that learning takes time. And we will often make mistakes (Look at me, exhibit A).

If software development could be done perfectly, there would be no bugs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

An example of how/why I get stumped a lot:

In the “Check if an Object has a Property” section, I spent a lot of time trying to write it so that I wouldn’t write separate variables for each name. It couldn’t be that simple, right? There’s some fancy pants way to do this. There’s gotta be.

I tried making a function, considered a loop, and even tried chaining values in a weird way. Eventually, I gave in and watched the video.

And the solution? Write a variable for each name.

Sometimes, Jacob, the obvious answer is the correct one. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Can relate with that! :slight_smile:

1 Like