Week 1 - Welcome And How To Get Started

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the study group for Introduction to Redis Data Structures, the online course taught by Alvin Richards and Kyle banker from Redis Labs

I’m Vishnu, the study group coordinator. And I’m also going to be taking the course. Nice to e-meet you all. ! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Over the next six weeks, we’re going to take Redis Data Structures together, following a common study schedule, supporting each other through this discussion forum, and holding weekly live sessions.

The official kick-off is today, June 16. Here’s how you can get started.

First, join the forum.

This forum is the heart of the study group. It’s where we’ll discuss what we’re learning, ask questions, support each other, and post announcements. etc.

You probably already signed up for the forum. But if not, here’s how:

1. Click on Sign Up at the top of this page and fill your information.
  2. Go to this page and click on Join Study Group at the top.
  3. Go introduce yourself in this thread.

Second, enroll in the course.

Introduction to Redis Data Structures is offered on Redis University, not on Class Central itself. So you’ll need to enroll there. In brief, this involves going to this link, and signing up for the course for Free.

You will get a free certificate for the Redis Data Structures course on successful completion of the course with 65 % or more grades.

Third, start the course.

The official kick-off is today, June 16.

In Week 1, our goal is to complete the following modules:

• Module 1: Course introduction
  • Module 2: Data Structures

You can find the full study schedule here.

Fourth, join the weekly Zoom sessions.

Every week, we’ll have a live session to discuss and learn about Redis Data Structures and other applications, topics related to Redis.

Our first live session will be on Tuesday, June 22, at 9:00 AM (Central Time). In your local time, this should correspond to 2021-06-22T14:00:00Z

I’ll email you an invite with the Zoom link. If you haven’t used Zoom before, here are setup instructions.

Fifth, post on the forum.

This forum is truly the heart of the study group. Everyone can create topics and reply to existing ones. So don’t hesitate to put the forum to good use: ask questions, support each other, share your favorite course bits…

And if you haven’t yet, I encourage you to go introduce yourself here.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, let me know below.

Happy learning everyone! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Thanks Vishnu, planning to complete weekly tasks during this weekend.

3 Likes

I am unable to enroll, it shows the particular error message: “Error processing student registration.” has anyone here faced the same?

I registered yesterday and it worked for me. Maybe try a different browser?

1 Like

it was the first thing I did! it did not work either…

Maybe try contacting them here: Contact Us | Redis Labs

Or Tweet to them. If that doesn’t work I can reach out directly.

1 Like

yes, Ill do that! thanks!

Someone else also had trouble with registration. Here is what they did:

I fully exited my browser after the failed attempts to get rid of any session storage / cookies and then tried with a different email.

1 Like

Dhawal I got into correspondence with the support team, and they resolved it! I just finished registering!

2 Likes