We’re going to be using Zoom for the live sessions with David.
For those that may not have used Zoom before, here are some brief explanations on how to set it up.
1. Check Your Emails
Every week, you’ll receive a calendar invitation by email. It will be sent to the email address you used to sign up on this forum. (I’ll send the invitations for the first session a bit later today.)
The invitation will contain a link. On Tuesday, you’ll be able to use this link to join the session. But you can also click on the link now to install Zoom ahead of time.
The specifics of the installation will depend on the device you’re using.
2. Install Zoom
The above window should open in your browser.
- If you already have Zoom installed, the meeting may launch automatically. If not, click on Launch Meeting.
- If you don’t have Zoom installed, the installation may start automatically. If not, click on Download Now to go through the installation process specific to your OS.
- If you have issues launching/installing Zoom, you may want to join the session through your browser instead. This option isn’t shown by default. To make it appear, click on Launch Meeting but stay on the current page. The option to Join from Your Browser should now appear, as shown below.
You should be taken to the Zoom app download page. It that doesn’t happen automatically, here are the links:
- On Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.videomeetings
- On iOS: ZOOM Cloud Meetings on the App Store
3. Join the Session
Once Zoom is installed on your device, you should be redirected to the meeting room. If this doesn’t happen automatically, go back to the invitation you received by email and click again on the link to join the meeting.
Once the meeting room opens, you’ll be able to pick a name, and you’ll be placed in a waiting room until the start of the session.
I hope this helps.