Lesson 12 had some many great bits. I can’t list just three this time. Here are my favorite ones.
- Height-dependant warming: this idea that high-elevation areas are more susceptible to the effects of global warming and may foreshadow to some extent what may happen in the future to lowlands.
- Glacier pictures — the before and after: it really helped drive home the severity of global warming.
- Climate change & hazards: the fact that climate change can lead to landslides and mountains collapsing as permafrost thaws and mountains’ supports weaken.
- Forest fires can be good: I knew prescribed burns were a thing, but I didn’t understand why. It just seemed counterintuitive to me. Now it all makes sense.
- Helitorch: need I say more?
- Yellowstone supervolcano: terrifying, but very interesting.
- [Spoiler Alert] These folks showing up: Steve Martin ! Justin Trudeau ! That was unexpected!