Finishing Mountains 101! 🥳

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to congratulate those that have finished Mountains 101, and to encourage those that are still working their way through the course. The end is quite surprising — keep at it! :mechanical_arm:

As I mentioned when we got started, you don’t need to purchase the certificate, you can just audit the course for free. But when I finished the course yesterday… I just couldn’t resist. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’m happy with my grade. Admittedly, I retook one of the quizzes to improve my results it a bit. :blush:

How are things going on your end? Did you finish? Are you close to finishing? Still a long way ahead? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

I finished a few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed the course. Thank you David and Zac for the live sessions. The study group idea proved to be very motivating, so thank you to those of you at Class Central who arranged it. It’s been a while since I took a coursera course that had a fairly active forum, even though it hasn’t been on their site. I miss the old highly interactive forums on coursera (and edx).

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind works, Hamish!

And thank you for being part of the study group and sharing your knowledge with us. I don’t think I’d ever seen someone pack so much information and value into each one of his forum messages!

3 Likes

Just finished it! The ending of the course felt more like a TV series finale instead of a course. It’s been an incredible journey.

Maybe the study group could also record short videos of ourselves mentioning our favourite mountains and compile them into a short video.

4 Likes

@Dhawal got this pop-up on the last quizz. Wonder how many of these were us. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Finished only a little behind schedule. I did rush the last couple of lessons but got it all done. Usually I make a great start, slow down and never get to the end but the weekly schedule and knowing how many others were working along at the same time provided the motivation to keep going.
Thanks to all of you.

3 Likes

Nicely done, Margaret!

I imagine many learners will be finishing over the weekend. So I’d say you’re well in time. :wink:

2 Likes

I was keen to get finished on time as I’m starting on a Life of Happiness and Fulfilment and I know from bitter experience that trying to do two courses at the same time is a sure way to fail at both!

3 Likes

I was able to finish last week and for that I’m also grateful to Class Central team, since this social group provided the much sought after consistency that helped me to keep going! I hope I will be able to join you in some of your future sessions.

4 Likes

I enjoyed this beautiful course enormously.

MOOCs with fixed time-schedule and qualitative discussion forums are back!
Thank you Class Central and everybody who contributed to this success, especially instructors @DavidHik and Zac for their support and live sessions.

5 Likes

Thanks @ronnydw, it was a pleasure for me to be part of the Study Group too, and spend a little bit of time over the past few weeks with you and entire group. all the best!

5 Likes

Thanks David
That was a great production .The hard work payed off and yielded a fine piece of work. Everyone in the class was stoked !Can’t wait for Mountains 202 .

3 Likes

Getting to the end was bittersweet because this was such an amazing class! Thank you so much @DavidHik and Zac, and also to everyone in this study group!

4 Likes

Thanks @hcethatsme for joining the Mountains 101 study group - it was fun, and I think proved the point that learning together it always better!! Anyhow, let your friends know about the course - we try to keep it dynamic on the Coursera platform too. Hope you have a good summer! David

1 Like

Yay, I am so happy that I have been able to finish Mountain 101 course :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I would like to express my gratitude to Professor @DavidHik and Professor Zac Robinson for such a charmastic yet challenging course, which help me learn so many amazing new things about our earth, mountains and the biodiversity.
Thanks so much @manoel @dhawal for the organization and encouragement during the course, thanks everyone for your smiles and warmth during the discussing sessions. Class Central helps me to finish my first MOOC after 5 years. :joy:

4 Likes

Haha this is awesome! Hope to see you in our next study group.

2 Likes

Hi @MichelleNg - I am very happy to hear that you completed Mountains 101! We have just topped 10,000 ‘graduates’ so very happy that you are one of them.

And I am just back from a visit to Kluane National Park in the Yukon - attached is photo of where I was earlier this week, looking out over the Kaskawulsh Glacier.

4 Likes

@DavidHik Congratulations on 10,000 completions of Mountains 101! :mountain_snow: :mountain_snow: :mountain_snow:

4 Likes

Thanks @pat

Your support and support from @classcentral has been much appreciated over the past years!

:mountain: :volcano: :mountain_snow: :mount_fuji: :globe_with_meridians: :partying_face:

4 Likes

@DavidHik wow the visit to Kaskawulah Glacier must have been very enjoyable. Wish you all the best health for more trips to come, and we are right here waiting for you to tell us more mountain stories. :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes