Finishing ALOHAF + Thank You + What's Next 😊

Hi everyone!

If you’ve been following the recommended study schedule, you already know it: yesterday was our target end date — we’ve reached the end of the ALOHAF Study Group. :clap:

It was great seeing you all, as well as @Raj, on Friday for the final live session. If you couldn’t make it, don’t worry, I’ll soon share the link to the unlisted recording via direct message.

Finishing

If you managed to finish the course, congratulations! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. And if you haven’t finished yet, that’s alright — but I do encourage you to continue! This course is very much worth it. Plus, I need to review more peer-assessments to get my final grade back, but there are no more left. So submit, submit! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I also encourage you to go review the course. You can do it here. If you’re curious, here’s my own review.

Thank You!

As you know, study groups are still very much an experiment at Class Central. This one’s been a big success!

It was great to see learners from our previous study group carry forward into this one. And it was a pleasure to meet new learners, and get to know some of you during our weekly meetings with the awesome @Raj. The live sessions were very engaging and conversational. And the post live sessions were a lot of fun too.

Thank you all for being part of this study group: I hope we get to do it again! :blush:

What’s Next

With this study group, the Class Central’s community of learners has grown bigger. This forum will remain open, so feel free to continue posting.

We’ll keep everyone in the loop regarding future study groups. As it happens, yesterday, we announced a new one for learning web development. But we’d also like to have study groups more similar to the ALOHAF one in the future, for lifelong learners. So if you have course suggestions, don’t hesitate to share!

Thanks again everyone! :wave:

4 Likes

At last, got to review another peer-assessment. My results and certificate were finally released. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Congratulations! :tada: :tada: :tada:

1 Like

@manoel, congratulations!!
I’m currently doing the last peer-graded assignment, which is rather elaborate and I am taking some time to write the answers properly. Loved that assignment :grinning:
Thanks again for arranging this wonderful live session with @Raj. I have been so inspired by his research on happiness that I plan to do one myself as soon as possible!
Take care!

1 Like

Thank you, @Archisha ! I’m really glad you enjoyed the study group. Good luck with the final peer-graded assignment — a true long-form assignment. I really liked it too! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you Class Central for the amazing co-ordination of the weekly Zoom Sessions,
I can’t be more thankful to be part of this learning community.

In appreciation for your hard work, I have finally submitted my very 1st assignment! :joy: :rofl: :rofl:

Working hard to subsequent weeks assignments too! Till then, much appreciated!

2 Likes

Congratulations on submitting your first assignment, @vanessalee ! All the best for the others as well :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Took me a while to figure out how to reply. Duh!
Thanks to Manoel and team and Class Central for co-ordinating the Zoom sessions. This was my first study group sign-up and I’m glad I made it for the last one in person. Viewed the others via recordings. All the best as we use what we learn and move on to live the best and happiest lives we can.

3 Likes

My last assignment took some days to get reviewed, but finally I got it! :blush:

3 Likes

Well done, @Archisha! :partying_face:

1 Like

Dear Archisha,
Thank you for writing and sharing this great news with us.
In my opinion sharing our successes is just as important as sharing our vulnerability. You have done both.
On a personal note, I benefited not only from when you wrote your first post, but also the responses that your post generated. I believe that there’ll be a lot of other group members that will be delighted to hear your news. Hope this now will give you further strength and motivation to continue your studies, and anchor the fact that you’re more resilient than you thought you were.
Lastly, I’d also like to congratulate all the other members of the group that have managed to complete the assignment too! And although I have a long way to go before I can hand my assignment in, RESPECT to those of you who have :partying_face:
With warmest wishes
Tracey

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words, Tracey. Glad to hear you benefited from my post.
All the best for submitting your assignment. Hope you pass with flying colors! :blush:

2 Likes

In the happiness survey, there is a question about regrets and would you do anything different if you had to live your life over. One of my regrets is that I didn’t join or organize study groups (unless they were assigned), or visit my professors during office hours in my college days. What a missed opportunity!

And now, you’ve organized this lovely study group and arranged for Raj to participate! This has made me so happy! I was able to attend the first five sessions live and watched the video of the sixth, and it felt like I was with you all. It helped keep me focused on progressing through the course and doing the homework. And I just completed the course this week, after starting initially three years ago.

So thank you, thank you, thank you. I really appreciate your work in putting the study group together, and thank you fellow classmates for your enlightening comments. What a lovely experience!

4 Likes

I’m so glad you found the study group helpful, and managed to finish the course at last, @jkarenstar !

1 Like