[Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis] Introductions

Hi, everyone. Welcome to the study group! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Feel free to introduce yourself here. Here are some things we’d love to know:

• Where are you from?
  • Have you taken online courses before? Which were your favorite?
  • What do you hope to get out of this study group?

For an overview of the study group, or to see the course schedule, head to this page.

5 Likes

Hi Heba,

Thank you for faciliating the study group, this is a very exciting endavour for me.

My name is Mustafa, I’m from Egypt but currently staying in Istanbul. I’ve taken a lot of online courses since 2012.

My favorites were “Learning How to Learn”, “Logical and Critical Thinking”, “CS50x” despite the fact that I haven’t finished it, and the Instructional Design Micromaster’s degree on edX.

I am not sure what to expect from the study group, and that’s why this is very exciting for me. I am hoping to connect with like-minded personalities and see if taking a course in a group will increase the probability of committing to finishing it. I use excel on a regular basis with my job, so I am confident that learning the tools will make my life easier.

7 Likes

Hey Mustafa! Good to see you here. I need to look into the Logical and Critical Thinking course.

3 Likes

Hi Heba,

I am from Muscat, Oman. Well I have not taken this course before. I am hoping to get connected to lot of persons, learn and delearn, as I am using excel of many many years, but I feel that still I am not doing things efficiently. I am looking forward to lot of new things and chanllenges

6 Likes

I’m Adebowale from Nigeria. I am working in a Research institute. I have attended online courses on Supervision and Project management. I’m expecting new skills in use of Excel in analysing data

6 Likes

Hello, this is Najib,from Morocco. I have taken some online course and I’m hoping to get some data science skills from this course . it’s nice to see lots of people here who are also as excited as me.
Bouhout

5 Likes

Hi Heba
Thank you for facilitating this course . My name is Safaa and I am a physician. I am very interested in biostatistics. I enjoyed learning how to learn, statistics course with Stafford and others. I am quite good in SPSS but not 8n Excel.

6 Likes

Wonderful to see you all here! I am also excited about this study group and I look forward to meeting everyone!

I am from Berlin, Germany. If I had to choose one, then my favourite course would be Competitive Strategies by Prof. Kretschmer from the LMU München. I still remember the examples taught in the course so vividly. It certainly encouraged me to explore more courses and enjoy online learning.

I hope the study group will be a fun place to learn and exchange! Welcome again everyone! :wave:

6 Likes

Hi Heba!
I’m very happy to be here.
My name is Josue and I’m from Peru.
I have taken many courses online, but I have never taken one with Class Central.
My favorites courses have been about marketing strategy and creativity.
I want to improve my skills and help other while others help me.

6 Likes

Hello everyone,

Nice e-meeting you here. I’m from Myanmar and currently working in Thailand.
I have taken online courses on Coursera and my favorite so far would be “The Science of Wellbeing” by professor Laurie Santos, offered by Yale University.
From this group, I hope to learn new tips and tricks from everyone and am also happy to share mine. :smiley:

4 Likes

Hello Everyone, I am from India currently working in New Delhi. I have taken few online courses but this will be my first experience with Class central. I expect time spent here will add new skills and enrich my experience .

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Siddharth. I am from India. I have enrolled for many MOOCs but have been able to complete only a few. It’s hard for me to sustain that initial enthusiasm beyond a few lectures, but considering the courses I completed, I found that if I am participating actively in the course then the chances of me completing the course is high.

I hope to learn Excel Fundamentals alongside interacting with a diverse group of people!

I found “Learning how to learn”, coursera and “Science and practice of yoga”, edx to be very insightful.

5 Likes

Hello All!

I am Dhawal Shah, the founder and CEO of Class Central . I grew up in Bombay, India but currently live in California.

Since 2011, I have done around 20 courses. You can see them on my Class Central profile: classcentral.com/@dhawal

I completed the course last August as part of a internal study group at Class Central. So I will hang around in the forum and try to help if I can.

I have been using the skills that I learnt from the course (and it’s sequel) to analyze data and have written a couple of articles based on that. Maybe during one of the zoom sessions, I can share what I did.

7 Likes

Hello Everyone. I am Mustafa Vohra from India. Currently, I am working as a Microbiologist at a Government hospital, and along with that, I am pursuing my Ph.D. in Clinical Microbiology. My Ph.D. project involves lots of Statistics and Bioinformatics, which I need to learn a lot. I am trying to do online courses for 3 years but lack peer pressure and time. By joining this group, I aim to get this motivation to learn Excel in a better way. Thank you

5 Likes

Hello, I am Pat from Australia. I have taken many MOOCs since discovering them in late 2012.

I took this Excel course last year alongside Dhawal and other Class Central colleagues. I think it’s time to refresh my knowledge, so I have signed up again.

5 Likes

Hello Everyone. I am Gaye Dairo from Swaziland. I am taking some online courses like Python for Everybody, Python Data Structure. I have been willing to know more about Excel for data analysis and data entry. I lost my job some years back; I am yet to pick up a new job. I believe that learning some courses online will empower me to work online and get paid for what I do. I sincerely believe that learning Excel for Data Visualization will be of immense help to me. I am very eager to learn with other people from all works of life and nations. God bless you all. Thank you all.

3 Likes

Welcome, @Fav0021 ! I too have taken Programming for Everybody (Python) - a great course. Maybe I will eventually finish the whole Python Specialization.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I am Anisha from India. I am graduating in two months with a bachelor’s in Civil Engineering. I am here to expand my horizons and improve my skills. I am happy and really excited to meet you all. Also, I hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

4 Likes

Hello everyone!
I am Archisha Bhar from India. I am a student of Civil Engineering, and really value the immense importance and utility of Excel in our field. I like it a lot, and try to learn more about it whenever I get an opportunity.
Hoping to learn a lot here!

2 Likes

Hi @anirubeena1999
I am also a student of Civil Engineering, currently in my 6th semester. So good to see students from Civil Engineering here :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes